Every cell in the body is provided oxygen and nutrients through the circulation of blood through the circulatory system, also known as the cardiovascular system. The heart, lungs and blood vessels work together to complete the circulation. Blood that is rich in oxygen is sent to the body’s organs, tissues and cells to nourish them and the waste products generated by the body are disposed of through the same system.
The circulatory system thus helps the body by nourishing it, fighting diseases through the immune system, stabilizing body temperature and pH, and by maintaining homeostasis.
Poor blood circulation may cause or result in the following problems:
- Aneurysm: There is thinning of the arterial wall which allows blood to balloon in the area. Arterial aneurysm can be extremely dangerous, but aneurysm can even affect veins.
- Embolism: Blood clot that travels to distant regions of the body such as the brain, heart or lungs with devastating consequences.
- Arteriosclerosis: Thickening of the artery walls due to loss of elasticity caused by ageing.
- Atherosclerosis: Fatty deposits form along the arteries blocking blood flow distally causing heart attacks and stroke.
- Phlebitis: Inflammation of inner lining of veins with the development of blood clots leading to pain and swelling in the affected area.
- Gangrene: Tissue death due to insufficient blood supply to an area.
Besides modern medicines to correct poor circulation, dietary supplements can be used to help prevent and correct poor circulation.
NutriNZ Maxi OMEGA-3 Plus: 60 SoftGel Caps
Maxi OMEGA-3 Plus not only enhances heart health but also improves blood circulation. It balances cholesterol levels that can be dangerous for the blood circulation, red krill oil has been recommended as a preferable supplement over fish oil as it is 48 times more potent than fish oil and more efficiently absorbed.
It is rich in a chemical called pantocrine, which is known to reduce blood pressure and heart disease. It keeps cholesterol in check and thus may prevent arteriosclerosis, hypertension, stroke and heart attacks. Deer antler velvet helps improve circulation to various tissues of the body and improves left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) and left ventricular fractional shortening (LVFS) in heart failure patients.
NutriNZ High Strength Sheep Placenta with Grape Seed Extract: 60 SoftGel Caps
It can help in keeping cholesterol within a normal range. Sheep placenta is also useful in treating inflammatory diseases of the circulatory system including atherosclerosis and to prevent heart diseases.
NutriNZ 100% Pure New Zealand Abalone: 90 VegeCaps
Abalone contains various carotenoids, Omega-3 and Omega-9 fatty acids, which are potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant molecules that promote a healthy circulation and a healthy heart. It is also rich in other antioxidants such as Selenium, Vitamin A and Vitamin E which are known to prevent oxidative damage to the heart and blood vessels.
NutriNZ Premium Grade New Zealand Marine Collagen: 90 VegeCaps
Marine Collagen improves blood circulation to tissues throughout the body thus promoting the healing of injured tissues and preventing fat accumulation.
NutriNZ MIP Day Boost: 300g Powder Blend
Our blood flow can be efficiently boosted with the help of iron, Vitamin E and Vitamin B which we have included within our MIP Day Boost! Plus, you will introduce other helpful nutrients in the process as well.