The 5-Step Natural Plan to Ease Joint Pain
Those who are living with arthritis or joint pain in general, are aware of how difficult it can be to wake up day after day, feeling the same pain with limited options for relief. We outlined for you 5 steps that can help strengthen your body and its joints – naturally!
1. Adjust your Diet
A well-balanced diet plays an important role in maintaining our bodies and minds, and of course, our joints. Apply these small, yet meaningful changes in your daily diet to make it more of an anti-inflammatory diet that will soothe your joints.
- Include more Omega 3-fatty acids – Omega-3 fatty acids have been scientifically proven to lower inflammation in the body, including that which surrounds our aching joints. Fish is the best natural source of Omega-3s, but you can also use flax seeds, eggs, walnuts, and spinach.
- Eat more leafy greens – Leafy green veggies contain high levels of potassium, a very important mineral able to lower inflammation inside the body. Kale, spinach, cabbage, and Romanian lettuce are just some of the delicious veggies that you need to add to your daily diet. If you are not a fan of leafy greens, then you can also use other potassium sources such as bananas, prunes, dates, and sweet potatoes.
- Balanced intake of fruits, veggies, and whole grains – this will help you maintain a healthy weight, which is another important step in this 5-step plan. It is because of their high fiber content that these foods make the perfect fit into a healthy, anti-inflammatory diet.
- Avoid certain foods – Certain foods such as added sugars, processed foods, and trans-fats have been found to increase the inflammation in the body, thus causing the existing symptoms, including joint pain, to significantly worsen. Avoiding these foods can help reduce your joint pain efficiently.
2. Natural Health Supplements
In addition to a healthy anti-inflammatory diet, we would recommend investing in high-quality natural health supplements as well as this will help your body get the nutrients, minerals and vitamins it is missing from your daily lifestyle.
Here at NutriNZ we have two particular joint supplements which have a multitude of inflammation reducing properties and many amazing customer testimonials from people who have experienced the benefits first hand:
Firstly, JointVitality Capsules includes all natural ingredients such as curcumin/turmeric, Vitamin D, grapeseed extract, manganese, zinc, and others, but most importantly, it contains glucosamine and chondroitin. Glucosamine and chondroitin are highly important for our joint health, especially in cases of degeneration.
Secondly, Deer Antler Velvet Capsules, which again contains only natural ingredients. As the name states, this supplement’s key ingredient is the use of deer antler, which is thought to be one of nature’s original superfoods. It is power packed with over 40 key compounds and 396 bioactive ingredients making it an effective natural health remedy to restore vitality, bone and joint health, athletic performance and strength.
3. Weight Management
Any extra weight will put extra stress on your aching joints. One of the best things that you can do is maintain a healthy weight as a natural pain relief method. Starting to adapt to a healthier diet is a great place to start.
4. Start moving
Regular physical activity is important, especially in times when you are faced with joint pain – and links into the aforementioned weight management point. If you are experiencing any joint pain, low impact activities such as swimming, cycling, and walking are all great examples. Avoid running, jogging, jumping, and any other sports that may put extra pressure on your joints and worsen your pain.
5. Use natural remedies
And last but not least important are all of the natural remedies that you can try. Soak your aching joints in a bath to which you have added Epsom salt. Or apply cold and hot therapy to reduce any inflammation and swelling, and with that – pain as well. Get a nice relaxing massage or even acupuncture.